- Besan (chickpea flour) - 1 cup (250 grams approx)
- Desi ghee - 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon
- First, warm the ghee on low heat. make sure it is not very hot, it should be just warm.
- It adds flavour to the laddus and at the same time acts as a binding agent.
- Next, sift besan (chickpea flour).
- Add this flour to the warm ghee..
- Mix them well and keep the heat on low-medium.
- Now, roast this mixture till the time it gets well cooked. This will take around 10-15 minutes. A very nice aroma starts coming from this mixture. that is the time when you get to know that it is done.
- Turn off the flame and allow the mixture to turn warm from hot.
- Once, it turns warm, add powdered sugar to it & mix well.
- You can also add some almonds and raisins and cardamom powder to this mixture at this point.
- Put some mixture on your palm when it is warm & turn it into round laddus.
- If you have any problem in making the laddu, add a little milk.
- The mixtrue won't look sticky enough, but it will form round and beautiful laddus.
- Garnish with powdered almonds as I did it or you can even use whole almonds or raisins to garnish.
- Besan laddus are ready to serve.