MACARONI PASTA (SOUTH INDIAN STYLE)
- Macaroni - 1 cup
- Tomatoes (puree form) - 3 medium sized
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry whole red chillies - 2
- Salt - 3/4 teaspoon (adjust according to taste)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar (optional) - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Boil macaroni pasta as per the instructions given on the packet.
- Once ready, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds & whole dry red chillies & allow them to crackle.
- As they crackle, add tomato puree to it.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt & garam masala powder & mix well.
- Allow them to get cooked well till the mixture leaves oil.
- Next, add tomato ketchup & vinegar & mix well.
- Add water to this mixture & bring it to a boil till a nice thick gravy is formed.
- Add the boiled macaroni to this nice gravy formed & allow it to get cooked for around 5 minutes.
- Once when well cooked turn off the flame.
- Macaroni pasta is ready to serve.