SEMOLINA CAKE (MANGO FLAVORED)
- Semolina (rava/sooji) - 1 cup
- Mango - 1 medium sized sliced into cubes
- Milk (boiled & at room temperature) - as required
- Oil - 1/4th cup
- Sugar - 3/4th cup
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ground cardamom (elaichi) - 1/2 teaspoon
- In a mixer grinder, add mango cubes & add enough milk to grind it into a fine paste that is not too thick nor too liquid.
- If it turns out to be too watery, cake will take a longer time to bake. Therefore, if it turns too watery, mix it with semolina & leave it aside for around 15-20 minutes such that semolina absorbs the liquid & becomes thicker.
- As you get the desired consistency, proceed with the next step.
- Next, mix semolina with sugar, cardamom & baking powder.
- Now, add oil & mix well.
- Next, add the mango pulp & mix again. You can even add nuts of your choice if desired. Let it sit for around 15 minutes.
- Grease a baking tin with oil & pour cake batter into the tin.
- Bake it at 175 degrees for around 25-30 minutes.
- You can check it by pricking a toothpick or a knife inside once after 20 minutes whether it is done or not.
- Once the knife comes out clean, take it out of the oven, invert & slice.
- Garnish with nuts.
- Semolina cake with mango flavor is ready to serve.