GAJAR KA HALWA (CARROT HALWA)
- Carrots grated - 1.5 kg (4 cups approx)
- Khoya (mava) grated - 200-250 grams (1 cup approx)
- Sugar - 3-4 tablespoons
- Cashew nuts & raisins to garnish
- Put the grated carrots in a pressure cooker.
- As the pressure reaches the maximum, pressure cook for 1-2 minutes & turn off the flame.
- Allow the pressure to release.
- Heat a pan & add the pressure cooked carrots to the pan.
- Allow water to get dried up completely.
- Stirring it well, add the grated khoya (mava) to it.
- Mix them well & cook till khoya gets absorbed into the carrots.
- When they are well cooked together, add sugar to it.