STRAWBERRY KHEER (PUDDING)
- Milk - 4 cups
- Rice - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 4-5 tablespoons
- Cardamom seeds (powdered) - a pinch
- Fresh strawberries - 12 in number
- Strawberries to garnish
- Soak rice in water for around 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a pan & add 3.5 cups milk to the pan.
- Keep 1/2 cup milk aside to be used later on.
- Wash the soaked rice & add them to the milk.
- Bring it to a boil & add sugar.
- Boil it well on medium flame till rice becomes soft. It will take around 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice the fresh strawberries.
- Add a little water to these strawberries & transfer them to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave them on high for 2 minutes.
- When rice becomes soft, add cardamom powder to it for flavour.
- Turn off the flame.
- Allow it to cool down then add strawberry & milk mixture to it.
- Mix well & don't cook them further as milk will curdle.
- Check for sweetness at this stage, add more sugar if required.
- Refrigerate for a while & garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Strawberry kheer (pudding) is ready to serve.