SWEET YELLOW RICE
- Rice - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 2.5-3 cups
- Desi ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Clove - 1-2
- Dalchini - 1 small piece
- Dried whole black pepper - 2-3
- Yellow food color - 2-3 pinch
- Cashew nuts, raisins to garnish (optional)
- Wash & then soak rice in water for around 30 mins.
- Heat desi ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add clove, dalchini & dried whole black pepper to desi ghee.
- Next, add yellow food color to it.
- Add soaked rice & sugar to it & mix them well.
- Heat them slightly & then add water.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker & as the pressure reaches maximum, slow down the flame.
- Cook it for 5 minutes on low flame.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the flame.
- As the pressure is released, open the lid & cook till water gets completely dried up.
- Garnish with cashew nuts & raisins.
- Sweet yellow rice are ready to serve.