FRIED MASALA IDLI
- Idli (click here for the recipe) - cut into small pieces
- Beans (chopped) - 100 gram
- Capsicum - 2 medium sized
- Carrot (chopped) - 2 medium sized
- Tomatoes (chopped) - 3-4
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Whole dried red chillies - 2-3
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Tomato ketchup - 4-5 tablespoons
- Oil - 2-3 tablespoons
- Cut idli into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add whole dried red chillies and mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
- As they crackle, add chopped capsicum, beans and carrot.
- Fry them for around 5-10 minutes.
- As they turn soft add chopped tomatoes to these vegetables.
- Now cook these tomatoes with the vegetables till the mixture starts leaving oil.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and tomato ketchup and mix well.
- When the above mixture is ready, add a little water and bring it to a good boil to make a thick gravy.
- Now, add chopped idli to this mixture.
- Mix them well and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Fried masala idli is ready to serve.