- Potatoes (boiled & mashed) - 4-5 medium sized
- Corn kernel - 100 grams
- Carrot (grated) - 1
- Mint leaves (chopped) - 1-2 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves (chopped) - 1-2 tablespoons
- Cornflour - 3-4 teaspoons
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt (adjust according to taste) - 3/4 teaspoon approx.
- Dried mango powder (amchoor) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chillies (chopped) - 2
- Oil for deep frying
- In a pressure cooker, add corn kernel and water just enough to cover corn.
- Pressure cook for around 5 minutes so that corn becomes soft enough to be used for the kebabs.
- After around 5 minutes, turn off the flame and let the pressure release.
- Next, grind it coarsely to get very small pieces of corn left.
- Strain off the excess water from the corn.
- Now, in a bowl add mashed potatoes, grated carrot and corn and mix them well.
- Next, add cornflour, red chilli powder, salt, amchoor, chopped green chillies, mint leaves and coriander leaves and mix well.
- A nice potato mix is ready for the kebabs.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Take some potato mixture and mould it in the form of a small tikki using a little water or oil.
- Drop it into hot oil and deep fry till it turns slightly brown in colour. Deep fry on low flame so that it gets cooked well from the inside.
- As it turns brown in colour, turn off the flame and take it out on a paper towel or a tissue paper to soak excess oil.
- Corn kebabs are ready to serve.