- Semolina (Sooji)-1 cup
- Desi Ghee-1/2 cup
- Sugar-1 cup
- Boiled Water-4 cups
- Dry coconut-grated
- Cardamom powder-a pinch for flavour
- Heat desi ghee in a pan.
- Add semolina to it & stir continuously till the color turns to brown.
- Add the cardamom powder & sugar & stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add boiling hot water & stir continuously to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Cook till it becomes slightly thick & then add raisins & grated coconut.
- Garnish with grated coconut.
- Sooji halwa is ready to serve.