- Moong dal (with chilka)- 200 grams-4/5 of a cup
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilli chopped-1
- Oil for deep frying
- Radish grated-1
- Pudina (mint) chutney as required for serving
- Pudina (mint) chutney recipe
My 1 cup measures 250 grams. If you are using a smaller cup, then you can take 1.5 to 2 cups of dal.
- Soak moong dal in water for around 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours, rub dal between you hands in order to separate chilka from the dal.
- Drain out the water from dal & you will notice that chilka also gets separated.
- Let some chilka remain in the dal as it makes crispy ram laddu.
- Next, add dal to a grinder & grind to a fine paste.
- After grinding the mixture, keep the batter aside for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours, beat it really well.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder & chopped green chillies to the batter & mix well.
- Next, heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Drop 1-2 teaspoons of the batter in the hot oil for each laddu.
- Deep fry on low flame initially & then turn it to high flame.
- Deep fry till the turn golden in color.
- Sprinkle some grated raddish on 4-5 laddus & add some pudina chutney on the radish.
- Add curd to the pudina (mint) chutney & then use for this recipe.
- For the pudina (mint) chutney recipe click here.
- Ram laddu is ready to serve. Serve them hot.