- Dry whole red chillies - 10-15
- Ginger (grated) - 1/4 inch
- Salt to taste
- Vinegar - 1/4-1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1-2 tablespoons
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Soak whole dry red chillies in slightly warm water for around 1-2 hours.
- After they are well soaked, grind well soaked whole dry red chillies.
- Next, heat oil in a pan.
- Add grated ginger to it.
- As ginger crackles, add red chilli paste to it.
- Cook it well till it leaves oil. You will be able to see oil at the edges.
- Now, add salt, vinegar & sugar to it.
- Once mixed well add 1/2 a cup water to it.
- Let it boil well for a few minutes till you get nice & thick sauce.
- Once it gets well cooked, turn off the flame.
- Schezwan sauce is ready to serve.
- You can adjust the spices according to your taste.
- You can keep it refrigerated in an air tight container for around 2-3 weeks.