MANGO PICKLE (AAM KA ACHAR)
- Raw mango (used for pickles)-2.5 kgs - 10 cups
- Saunf (fennel seeds)-50 grams - 1/5 cup
- Methre (fenugreek seeds)-50 grams - 1/5 cup
- Salt-200 grams - 4/5 cup
- Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil-250 grams -1 cup
My 1 cup measures 250 grams.
- Cut the raw mangoes into small pieces for the pickle.
- Allow them to dry under the fan for around 2 hours.
- Roast the fennel seeds (saunf) for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow them to cool & then grind them slightly.
- Make sure that you don't grind them too much to a powder.
- It shoud be half ground.