- Rice-1 cup
- Urad Daal (white)-1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing
- Wash urad dal & rice & soak them separately in water for 6-8 hours.
- Then, add a little water & grind them to a smooth batter & keep it aside for fermentation overnight.
- Fermentation is important as it helps in making nice & fluffy idlis.
- On the next morning, beat the batter well adding a little amount of water (if required) & salt to taste.
- Take the microwave idli steamer & grease the holders with a little oil.
- This helps in easily taking out the idlis after making them.
- Fill the idli holders with 3-4 tablespoons of batter (you can adjust it on the basis of size of the holder).
- Keep the steamer inside the microwave & steam it for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, let it stand for another 1 minute.
- Take them out of the steamer & idli is ready to serve.