AALU PALAK KE PAKODE
- Spinach (palak) chopped-1 cup (250 grams approx)
- Potato chopped-1 medium sized
- Chickpea flour (besan)- 2-3 tablespoons
- Green chillies chopped- 1-2
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Ajwain-a pinch
- Cooking soda-a pinch
- Water-2-3 tablespoons
- Oil for deep frying
- Take the chickpea flour (besan) in a bowl & add green chillies & chopped potato.
- Now add the chopped spinach (palak) to it.
- Add salt to taste, 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/4 teaspoon ajwain & a pinch of cooking soda.
- Mix them really well with hands.
- Now add 2-3 tablespoons of water & make a smooth mixture by mixing them well.
- Now heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Check if the oil is ready by dropping a little mixture into the hot oil.
- If it starts floating on the top then the oil is ready for deep frying.
- Turn the heat to medium flame.
- Drop approximately 2 teaspoons of the chickpea mixture into the hot oil for every pakoda.
- Deep fry them till they turn golden in color.
- When they turn golden in color, take them out on a paper towel or a tissue paper to soak the excess oil.
- Aalu palak pakode are ready to serve.