GREEN GRAM DAL
- Green gram dal (moong sabut)-200 grams
- Tomatoes puree form-2 medium sized
- Ginger grated-1/2 inch
- Asafoetida (hing)-a pinch
- Cumin seeds (jeera)-1/ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder (dhania powder)-1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Oil-1 tablespoon
- In a pressure cooker, add washed dal, 3 times water as dal, Salt & half of the turmeric powder & pressure cook dal for the time as required by your pressure cooker.
- In my case, I used Hawkins Futura which took 15 minutes on a low flame.
- As the ginger turns brown, add tomatoes to it.
- Add turmeric powder & dhania powder as well.
- As the mixture starts leaving oil, add salt, red chilli powder & garam masala powder & mix well.
- As the mixture leaves oil, it is ready to be added to the dal.
- Open the pressure cooker, stir dal well & add some more water to it & keep it on a low flame for around 10 minutes.
- Then, add the tadka prepared & mix well.
- Cover half with a lid & let it cook on a low flame.
- Turn off the flame when dal has cooked.
- Green gram dal is ready to serve.