- All purpose flour (Maida)-2 cups
- Besan-1 cup
- Powdered sugar-1 cup
- Dalda ghee-1 cup
- Baking soda-1/2 teaspoon
- Cardamom (elaichi) powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Milk-2 tablespoons
- Sieve maida, besan, sugar & baking soda so that they get mixed well & there are no lumps formed.
- Transfer them to a mixing bowl & add elaichi powder & dalda ghee to it.
- Mix well till the mixture appears like bread crumbs.
- Then add milk to it & knead it in the form of a dough.
- Make small balls n then flatten them a little to take the form of a khatai.
- Grease a cookie sheet with a little ghee n then place these khatai on the sheet a little away from one another so that when they rise there is no harm to their shape.
- Allow them to rest for 10 minutes & in the meantime preheat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees celcius.
- After 10 minutes, place the cookie sheet inside the oven bake at 180 degrees celcius for around 15 minutes.
- As the time gets over, check the khatai as it is done.
- Take it out & allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Then take the khatai out of the sheet & it is ready to serve.