EGGLESS CHOCOLATE (CAROB) CAKE
- All purpose flour (maida)-1.5 cups (187 grams)
- Cocoa powder (Carob powder)-3 tablespoons (16 grams)
- Baking soda- 1 teaspoon (4.6 grams)
- Powdered sugar-1 cup (200 grams)
- Salt-1/2 teaspoon (3 grams)
- Oil-5 tablespoons (74 ml)
- White vinegar-1 tablespoon (15 ml)
- Vanilla extract-1 teaspoon (5 ml)
- Cold water-1 cup (237 ml)
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees celcius.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder (carob powder), baking soda, sugar & salt together so that they get mixed properly & to avoid the formation of any lumps.
- Transfer them to a mixing bowl & mix well.
- Add oil, vinegar, vanilla extract & water & beat well so that there are no lumps.
- Grease a baking tin with oil pour the batter into it.
- Bake at 180 degrees celcius for about half an hour.
- Check it once as the time may vary according to the oven used.
- Once the time is over, prick the cake with a toothpick or knife, if it comes out clean then the cake is baked.
- Allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes & then invert it.
- Cut the cake into slices & it is ready to serve.